Together with Matt from MattChevy.com we hosted a Social Media Marketing Seminar, entitled Online Relationships & Real Life Benefits. We discussed practical social media “find and engage” tips to:
- Find your target customers, or businesses online via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Start and continue conversations to build relationships
- Transfer the online relationships into practical business relationships
Some of the participants stayed after and we had an intimate conversation on what they learned. Watch the video to hear their thoughts, and here’s a quick summary:
- Find and use the search tools available in every social networking site
- Use LinkedIn for more than just an online resume
- Participated in the LinkedIn Answers section to interact with other business people
- Make the personal connection before trying to sell
Thanks to all who participated and we hope you see you at our next seminar.
Big thanks to Chicago’s Orbit Media Studios for providing the space for the seminar.
Also thanks to Steve Mullen from WalkWest Productions and Christine Mortensen for sharing their thoughts with us on video.