About the Digital Marketing Experts at Lightspan Digital
We are the Lightbugs! In 2010, when we were a young social media company, a client affectionately nicknamed us that. And it stuck.
Lightspan was born in late 2009. Our founder, Mana Ionescu had been doing pro-bono digital marketing work and started noticing a pattern of social media interaction that led to online sales. A persistent and consistent daily schedule of catchy social media content and conversation was the key to success. Just like a fitness program, an hour each day could build up to significant results over time. She documented the process and The Daily Social Media Workouts became the core methodology and foundation for Lightspan.
Mana decided to take the methodology and start her own company. After a rewarding 7-year digital marketing career with one of the world’s largest banks, Mana set off on her own. Watch the video below to hear more of her story, from her upbringing in Communist Romania to her current Chicago home.
From the beginning, our mission has been to deliver clear and direct digital marketing solutions. We believe in marketing done with purpose, not just for the heck of it.
What does it mean to be “purpose-driven?”
It means that we don’t do digital marketing just for the heck of it. We aren’t big on flooding your head with jargon and buzzwords. We are committed to finding digital strategies that bring measurable results – and profits – to you. And we love to get the work done so we can see the results.
“There are billions of great ideas out there,” says our founder, Mana Ionescu. “We focus on taking them to fruition and profitability.”
Digital marketing is not an afterthought and social media shouldn’t be done on a whim. They are essential to an effective modern marketing strategy.
We embrace 12 core values that define how we approach our work. All Lightbugs have committed to:
- Take Initiative – I will not wait until told.
- Be Responsible – I will take full responsibility for my work and it’s outcomes. I will fully own the value delivered by my work.
- Focus on results – I will not get caught up in the process. I will focus on outcomes, not process. What can I do with the resources I have? Be adaptable. Find a way. Think, do, keep moving forward. Demonstrate expertise.
- Be True – keep and fulfill my commitments
- Be Engaged – Work and act like this is the only and last job I will ever have
- Use Healthy and Direct Communication – No gossip and unhealthy assumptions. Address concerns in a proper fashion, without stirring up undercurrents by voicing complaints in an inappropriate manner or setting. Stand united as a company unit and take care to represent the company well.
- Act with Integrity – behave with truthfulness, integrity and respect and extend that graciousness to others as well.
- Act with Courage – Face and push through hard challenges. Be willing to accept tasks that are “above I” and do what is necessary to carry them through
- Trust – I will believe in ourselves as well as in others. I will assume and believe the best about others’ behavior and motives.
- Offer Respect – I will listen. I’ll remember we don’t know everything. I’ll strive to learn at every occasion. I’ll show appreciation and return the kindness of others.
- Be Resourceful – Do more with less. Care for Lightspan and Client resources as if they were my last dollars. I will not squander clients’, colleagues’ or Lightspan’s time or money.
- Be Growth-focused – When I don’t know, I’ll seek the answer. I’ll take responsibility for my career growth. I won’t treat my job like an internship, if not an intern. Lightspan will help me learn but I will be the driver of my own growth.
We Want to Help. Let’s Chat!
Call 773-442-2448 or send us an email.