Are you in love with digital marketing? Are you excellent at coming up with unique strategies, prioritizing opportunities and dealing with the unknown and complex problems of the digital marketing world? Are you flexible in your customer service approach, yet with a practical bent? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you get to juggle rapidly changing needs and priorities, such as the ever-changing social media space?
Then this digital marketing manager role may be for you.
At Lightspan we bust social media myths and do digital marketing with purpose. We have a vibrant team of experienced digital marketers who lead our clients to success online.
- We teach
- We develop strategy
- We plan, execute and measure results
- We build relationships
- We are in the top 5% when it comes to social media, content marketing, SEO, SEM and email marketing.
At Lightspan we believe in minimalism, independent thinking and graceful accountability. As a result, we accept different ways of working as long as client objectives are met and as long as we live the Lightspan values. This position will blend strategy, client management, project management and execution work.
What you’ll do:
You will serve as the primary guide for our clients, helping them reach new customers and generate new leads online. You will be developing online marketing strategies and be responsible for executing these strategies.
You’ll handle directly or collaborate with others to execute
strategies that help our client’s customers move through their buying lifecycle. Through SEO, content marketing, social media, PPC, email marketing, design and development, and more, we aim to move our clients’ audiences from just being aware of our clients’ brands, to where they are ready to buy. You are responsible for assembling all the diverse pieces of the digital marketing puzzle together into a coherent picture for our clients. You will also be responsible for executing these pieces (independently at times and at times with support) and delivering results.
You will stay in close contact with our clients, communicate with them our progress, and collaborate with them on upcoming goals and initiatives.
You’ll collaborate and support Lightspan in our marketing and sales efforts.
- Manage client digital marketing campaigns in all aspects from ideation, planning, to execution
- Set and track progress on SMART goals defined for clients’ digital marketing efforts
- Develop strategy and digital marketing plans that include both data-driven marketing recommendations as well as fresh and inspiring ideas.
- Present strategies to current and prospective clients
- Monitor performance, analyze data and present data-driven recommendations through regular reports; reset strategies to capitalize on strengths and overcome weaknesses
- Manage project execution:
- Tackle execution where needed, whether it’s writing email newsletter copy or doing keyword research for an upcoming blog post. We believe that you can’t strategize if you can’t do, so we all get involved in execution.
- Collaborate with other Lightspan specialists and with clients to refine and improve campaign execution
- Delegate tasks appropriately to other Lightspan specialists
- Ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time and on budget
- Work with and coach other Lightspan employees on how to execute to perfection
- Stay up-to-date and engaged with latest trends in the
- Work closely in teams to develop robust internet marketing strategies with SEO and PPC colleagues
- Establish and maintain positive, respectful and productive relationships with clients and partners
- Connect with clients on a regular basis to answer questions, apply strategies and review social media campaign performance
- Assist with Lightspan sales and marketing
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, including SEO, SEM, Content marketing, email marketing, social media marketing.
- History of demonstrating results via data-driven digital marketing campaigns
- Strong data visualization and storytelling skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Hustle and an entrepreneurial spirit are essential
- Moving quickly and executing efficiently, allowing for fast and repeat cycles of testing and learning
is key to our success
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with social media, content marketing, email marketing and SEO platforms is a plus. Examples of platforms: Hootsuite, Infusionsoft, Hubspot, MailChimp, Moz, Raven etc.
- Experience with analytic and CRM tools common within a marketing organization is a plus
Key Skills Set:
- Proactive, creative, and independent thinker.
- Excellent verbal and professional communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly, to diverse audiences (from social media newbies to boards and investors).
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good project management skills
- Passion and accountability for quality of work produced, and for positive relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to get results in a fast-paced startup team environment
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks with changing priorities
- Insatiable desire to learn
Lightspan Digital is a BCorp, a purpose-driven Chicago digital marketing company specializing in social media, email, and content marketing. Our mission is to deliver clear, simple and direct digital marketing solutions. We believe in social media marketing done with purpose, not just for the heck of it.
We embrace 10 core values that define how we approach our work.
- Love our clients
- Drive marketing with purpose
- Be brave, adventurous, creative, and accepting
- Learn all the time
- Teach at every occasion
- Build strong relationships with communication
- Do more with less
- Be determined and passionate
- Think, do, keep moving forward
- Be kind, humble, honest and gracefully accountable
At this time Lightspan offers benefits unparalleled amongst other small businesses like ours. Access to healthcare is a big priority for our founder Mana Ionescu and we cover 75% of insurance costs for all employees who work 21+ hours per week.
- 3 health insurance options with BCBSIL
- dental insurance,
- continuous training program
- industry conference passes
- wellness benefits including team outings, monthly lunches, race entries, Divvy membership and more.
How To Apply:
Please send the following to mana at lightspandigital.com:
- A one paragraph statement on why we should hire you
- A one-page resume including only the relevant history
- Links to your social media profiles, including LinkedIn
- Links to writing samples if any
- 3 references from past employers or clients
No phone calls please. But please tweet us @manamica or @lightspand!