Oct 18, 2010 Lightspan in partnership with the Online Marketing Institute will be at SES Chicago leading a full-day workshop on Social and Search. We’ll discuss our best social media marketing tools, tips and tricks. We’ll cover highly practical and valuable information on how to strengthen you social media campaign planning, and how to create and publish content that will increase your search visibility. This is Social Media done with purpose!
We are putting the best that we’ve got in this workshop so don’t miss it.
9:00AM – 9:30AM: Introductions / Setting Expectations
9:30AM – 11:15AM The Foundation: From ideation to execution, the social media planning road map;
• During this segment we will map the stages of social media campaign development, from goal-setting to ideation, to targeting and execution.
11:15AM – 12:00PM Activity 1: The 3 fundamentals of Social Media strategy and planning
• We will take a deep dive into three strategic components of a social media plan: targeting, narrative/brand and social interaction framework.
12:00PM – 12:45PM: Networking Lunch
12:45PM – 1:30AM: Social Media Tactics and Best Practices for SEO
• Since SEO depends on content relevance, we’ll look at content publishing strategies at the intersection for SEO and social media, and recipes that will power up your presence in front of search engines.
1:30PM – 2:40PM Activity 2 – Group Exercise – Hypothetical Business SEO Activity
2:40PM – 3:15PM: Social Media for SEO Success: A Case Study – Special Guest Instructor
• Andy Crestodina of Orbit Media Studios will discuss, “Orbit’s Own Recipe: Blog Casserole with Newsletter Sauce.”
3:15PM – 4:15PM: Activity 3 – Mastering Social Media execution – The 5 key ingredients.
• In this segment we will review the 5 ingredients needed to support successful execution of a social media plan: trust, conversation, persistency, evaluation and evolution.
4:15PM – 5:00PM: Translating the Data into Dollars – Measuring Social Media Success and Final Goals Exercise
• We’ll look at social media key performance indicators, measurement tactics and tools.