Welcome to the first edition of the social media statistics round-up. We love social media, we love data, so we decided to bring them together and share social media statistics with you. Come back every week to get the new edition. So here we go:
- 53% of employers research potential job candidates on social networks — The Growth of Social Media
- In less than a month Google+ acquires 20MM users, twice more than Foursquare — Visual.ly, Social Media Yearbook: Class of 2011
- 72% of marketers said Social Media helped them close business — How Effective is Social Media Marketing?
- 65% of marketers said site’s search rank improved when investing at least 6 hours of social media work per week — How Effective is Social Media Marketing?
- 25% of online time is spent on social networks — Social Sharing: The Impending Sharepocalypse