When we talk about a landing page in the digital space, it’s easy to get confused. Why should you use a landing page? If a landing page is just a page you arrive at after clicking on a link, can’t it just be any page? Why not direct to your home page so that users can see everything you’ve got to offer?
What does a landing page do?
First, let’s talk about what a landing page does. The purpose of a landing page is to convert, so it’s not necessarily your home page. If you’ve directed someone to a landing page, you want them to take action, whether that’s:
- Buying something from you
- Taking advantage of a sales promotion
- Subscribing to your newsletter or email list
- Registering for your webinar, or
- Submitting their email for your lead-generation prospects.
How can a landing page help my digital marketing strategy?
A landing page is an incredibly versatile tool when it comes to digital marketing. By using it, you can hone in on an audience that’s truly invested in your business, because – as we mentioned above – the whole point of a landing page is to get customers to convert.
What should a good landing page look like?
Here are a few tips for creating a great landing page:
- Grab attention with a clear headline: Why have you directed your visitors to this page in particular? What’s the point?
- Make sure your CTA game is strong: Calls to action are extremely important on a landing page. Make it easy on your visitors and tell them exactly what to do so you can get the results you want.
- Use video: Video is a great investment in your digital marketing strategy in general, and it has a high conversion rate when used on landing pages.
Want us to help you implement a landing page that will bring you results? Let us know!